HLTINF001 – Comply With Infection Prevention And Control Policies And Procedures
Comply With Infection Prevention And Control Policies And Procedures
HLTINF001 – Comply With Infection Prevention And Control Policies And Procedures, in every workplace, workers are exposed to day to day activities which involve Infection control, some more than others. You will get an understanding of how to implement standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks safely. Individuals will gain the knowledge and skills required to respond to the infection risks in their workplace. This unit specifically applies to individuals working in health and direct client care contexts.
Individuals successfully completing the HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures course will follow established organisation infection prevention and control procedures, which will include:
- Hand hygiene and care of hand
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – N/A.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 45 minutes face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – N/A.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Some practical assessment tasks are required to be completed in the workplace (the workplace must be in a health or direct client care environment).
Please note: The Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment delivery mode includes video assessment questions. Occasionally the student will be required to make a video of themselves, either verbally explaining or demonstrating the required assessment outcome. If you do not wish to complete video assessment questions, please consider an alternative mode of delivery (for e.g. a blended or full face to face course).
Must be employed and have the ability to complete required assessment tasks in the workplace.
Must have the physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills.
Online study options:
- Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- The Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment delivery mode includes video assessment questions. Occasionally the student will be required to make a video of themselves, either verbally explaining or demonstrating the required assessment outcome. If you do not wish to complete video assessment questions, please consider an alternative mode of delivery (for e.g. a blended or full face to face course).
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Assessments conducted during training session(s) include:
Third Party Report:
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment
- Choose and don PPE
- Completion of a Health and Safety Risk Assessment report
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
- Health and Safety Incident Report
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.