Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit Course
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
Whether working as an individual alone or as part of a team/work group and working in liaison with other team members, if you are a ‘permit recipient’ or ‘permit holder’ required to conduct work activities under the authority of an issued permit to work and within the context and requirements of that permit, then this course is a must for you. This type of work typically applies to all work done by maintenance staff and contractors and also to any other non-process work performed on the plant.
Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit Course course will teach participants the skills and knowledge needed to to work in accordance with a permit which has been issued. It aims to ensure that people working under a permit to work understand the system, know the limitations of the permit under which they are working and comply with all the requirements of the permit.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909;
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to be able to demonstrate the demands of the practical demonstrations of the course including wearing and working in all relevant personal protective equipment.
Course Duration (face to face)
Face to Face – 4 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Prepare for work in accordance to issued permit
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Obtain relevant information
- Apply for the permit
- Emergency and safety equipment
- Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenarios:
- Work in accordance with an issued permit
- Documentation – Completion of a site-based Risk Assessment, JHA and SWMS Form. Completion of an Entry Permit. Incident reporting form. Attach to the enrolment form.
- Theory assessment – A written exam consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions must be completed at the end of the training session. Students must answer all questions