Gas Test Atmospheres Course
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
Gas Test Atmospheres Course is for those individuals who may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. Such as working environments which may be hazardous, unpredictable, subject to time pressure, chaotic and expose responders to risk, on land or water, by day or night. Or workplace atmospheres which may include visible and invisible hazards and hazardous surfaces.
It covers the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere using electronic test apparatus, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work, interpret readings and take actions based on the interpretation.
Situations that require testing might include:
- confined spaces
- enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- hot work
- storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts, ducts, transport vehicles and ships
- testing as part of issuing a work permit
- monitoring as part of working under a work permit
- open areas
- holding the gas tester by hand
- lowering the gas tester into a space, e.g. on a line.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909;
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
Participants must have:
- The physical capacity to wear the appropriate PPE and use testing apparatus to test the atmosphere of an area.
- The ability to take readings and interpret, report/record relevant data.
- Face to Face – 7 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Certificate Renewal Requirements
There is no industry recommended renewal identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Practical scenarios: For a Confined Space scenario and Well Head scenario, complete the following:
- Prepare for testing
- Test gas
- Interpret readings
- Monitor gas on an ongoing basis
- Communicate required actions to be taken, based on the interpretation
- Maintain equipment
- Maintain records of tests and results in accordance with procedures
- Documentation – The student must complete site-based test gas report forms
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.