MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
Operate Breathing Apparatus Course
MSMWHS216 – Operate breathing apparatus Course has been designed for individuals who work alone or as part of a team as an operator required to wear breathing apparatus in their work role. This might be because they are working in a confined space, with hazardous gases/vapours, or in an oxygen deficient atmosphere.
It covers the skills and knowledge required to conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus, operate and maintain breathing apparatus and equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere, and conclude operations as defined by the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1715:2009 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment.
Concluding operations will include correctly closing down, removing and cleaning the breathing apparatus and reporting faults and/or damage to breathing apparatus.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909;
- MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
As a minimum, entrants to this course must have:
- The literacy and numeracy competencies to be able to read testing equipment and determine the available working time from a breathing apparatus set
- The physical capability to wear and work in a breathing apparatus and associated equipment in a range of conditions.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the section following.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
There is no industry recommended renewal identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Demonstrate pre-donning checks, tests procedures and fault reporting
- Demonstrate concluding operation techniques
- Label components of breathing apparatus
- Confined space work
- Rescue operation
Documentation – Completion of an Equipment Fault log.
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Upcoming MSMWHS216 – Operate breathing apparatus courses
Contact us about your Group Booking, our team of experienced trainers travel Australia wide to provide you quality training
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220