PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management
PUAEME005A – Provide Pain Management teaches the skills and knowledge required to administer restricted analgesics as a part of a medically supervised first responder organisation.
This unit is typically relevant for and undertaken by personnel from emergency services and/or volunteer organisation’s or organisation’s that provide a medically supervised first aid response.
**Please note that State/Territory licensing procedures apply for the storage and administration of these drugs**
Provider of Training and Assessment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909;
- PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- Club Kotara, 2 Howell St, Kotara NSW 2289
- Bull ‘N Bush Hotel, 37 Ferodale Rd, Medowie NSW 2318
- Merriwa CWA Hall, 159 Bettington St. Merriwa NSW 2329
- or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Refresher training – 5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook.aspx for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
Cost: $220.00 per person
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Participants must be physically able to provide pain management.
This course has a prerequisite of
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support OR
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Identifying need for analgesia
- Communicating with the casualty
- Accessing, preparing and administering analgesic
- Completing written logs and documentation
- Performing casualty handover
- Reading, interpreting and applying standards, guidelines and protocols
- Disposing of unused analgesic drugs according to required standards. Record details of drug use in the relevant logs
- Theory assessment – 24 multiple choice and short answer questions detailing the knowledge from the training package
PUAEME005A Privide Pain Management
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.