Occupational First Aid
HLTSS00068 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set
(Was HLTSS00027 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set)
Do you work with heavy machinery, open-cut mining, underground mining, a high risk work environment, or looking for a occupation in emergency response in these industries?
A higher first aid qualification may be required to ensure your staff and employees are protected against potential dangers.
Our HLTSS00068 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set course is appropriate for people who are either employed in, or intending to become employed in, nominated occupational first aider roles. It is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority requirements, safe work practices, and first aid code of practice.
The course provides simulated real-life scenarios for a set of skills to provide advanced first aid, oxygen therapy, advanced resuscitation, ongoing monitoring and care after treatment, handover of the casualty to emergency services and incident debriefing or evaluation to improve future operations, address individual needs recognising psychological impacts and seeking help as required.
Participants learn to develop and maintain first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties, undertake a risk assessment to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment, follow manufacturer’s instructions and complete documentation including checklists for stocking and maintaining equipment such as resuscitation and oxygen equipment and first aid kits.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTSS00068 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set
- HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID016 – Manage first aid services and resources
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 24 hours (3 days minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – N/A.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 480 minutes (8 hours)face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – N/A
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook.aspx for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. single and two-rescuer CPR, using a bag-valve-mask, select and insert an appropriate airway adjunct, manage oxygen equipment and use an AED to deliver at least one shock)
- Place a casualty into the recovery position
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on a simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed scenario
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Conduct a workplace risk assessment
- Develop a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents
- Use a first-aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies’ replacement and equipment maintenance
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Upcoming Courses for HLTSS00068 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set
Call us NOW! +61 2 49361190