Advanced Resuscitation And Oxygen Therapy
HLTAID015 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation And Oxygen Therapy
(Was HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation)
HLTAID015 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation And Oxygen Therapy course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and first aid code of practice and applies to those who may be required to provide first aid, CPR and oxygen in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Simulated real-life situations will be used to develop the skills and knowledge for using and maintaining specialised equipment for the provision of first aid, resuscitation, and oxygen therapy.
Instruction on first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as inserting an appropriate basic airway adjunct, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and administering oxygen safely at the correct flow rate.
The course covers recording casualty condition, conveying incident details, completing workplace incident documentation, and debriefing for recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 6 hours – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – N/A.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 210minutes (3.5 hours)face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – N/A
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook.aspx for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 12 months
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
This course has a pre-requisite of HLTAID011 Provide First Aid which much be completed prior to undertaking this unit of competency.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of bag-valve-masks, oxygen equipment, an AED and placing the casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete an incident report
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Call us NOW! +61 2 49361190