Advanced Resuscitation Course
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). As with any training, it is beneficial if it occurs before being confronted with a real-life situation.
This Advanced Resuscitation course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR and oxygen in the event of an emergency.
Participants attending this course will develop the skills, knowledge and confidence required to provide an emergency response and use specialised equipment for those in need of resuscitation, in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Participants will also learn how to monitor and handover the casualty to medical professionals for further care, and how to maintain resuscitation and oxygen equipment.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909;
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered:
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
- Online learning with face to face assessment
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform all practical demonstrations including 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study option: Students must have access to a computer, smart phone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online studies.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 6 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 4 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2-hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 1-hour face to face practical assessment
- Refresher training – 4 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 12 months.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance Tasks
- Administer oxygen to a conscious casualty
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Practical Scenarios
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Administer oxygen to an unconscious casualty
- Completion of Incident report forms
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.