PUAWER004B Respond to Workplace Emergencies
Fire evacuation training provides the skills and knowledge required to recognise emergencies in the workplace, to report emergencies and to take appropriate action. It has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745 2010.
The knowledge and skills gained through the completion of this unit may be applied by all employees across all industries and in all contexts and places responsibility on individual employees in the workplace to recognise, report and take action during workplace emergency situations. This requirement is consistent with the legislative obligations of employees as prescribed in OHS legislation.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- PUAWER004B Respond to Workplace Emergencies
Fire evacuation training
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au and is recommended this unit be renewed every 24 months in line with industry standards.
We run our classes at the Safe Act Pty Ltd, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326 or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
• Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
• Refresher training – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook.aspx for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- $90 per person
- Group Booking up to 10 students $800.00
- Group Booking 20 students $1400
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Assessment – Theory – 8 questions written on course knowledge requirements
Fire evacuation training provides simulated assessment environments will reflect the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment. Skills must be demonstrated by the student working individually in an environment that provides realistic in-depth, industry-validated scenarios and simulations to assess students’ skills and knowledge. It’s important that students have knowledge of the content of this course. The assessable practical skills are listed below.
You will be assessed on performing workplace emergency scenario and task demonstrations:
- Preparing for emergency situations
- Fire evacuation
- Following procedures for a potential earthquake emergency
- Filling out checklists and workplace forms
- Prepare for emergency situations
- Report emergencies and potential emergencies
- Respond to emergency warnings and advice
- Evacuate from the work area
- Identifying and locating of workplace emergency procedures
- Using and following workplace emergency procedures
- Identifying and locating of emergency resources in the workplace
- Emergency response procedures
- Emergencies and potential emergencies are identified
- Alerting people
- Emergency warnings and instructions
- Preparing of work area
- Area of danger is evacuated
- Identifying people who may require assistance
- Following of Emergency Service Personnel instructions
- Alternative pathways
- Communication systems
Please note that Safe Act supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training.
Safe Act for fire evacuation training, always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Student’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential. Please note that the practical session can be viewed as physically challenging, therefore participants should be reasonably fit and capable of conducting an evacuation and providing assistance to those in need.
Safe Act, as well can provide tailored on-site workplace training.
Call us NOW! +61 2 49361190 for available dates for fire and emergency courses.