PUASAR022 – Participate In A Rescue Operation unit of competency involves the skills and knowledge required to participate in rescue operations as a member of a rescue team; it underpins specialist rescue operations. This includes a wide range of rescue and environmental situations which may incorporate industrial, rural, bush and extreme environmental conditions.
Typically, personnel performing these roles have completed induction or recruitment training and are commencing work as a member of an operational team. They will work under supervision in a team but may be responsible for completing singular tasks relating to a rescue.
It is applicable to personnel from the emergency services, volunteer organisations and/or associated industries.
The skills in this course are applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice. No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a rescue operation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au and is recommended this unit be renewed every 24 months in line with industry standards.
We run our classes at the
- Safe Act Pty Ltd, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
• Face to Face – 7 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook.aspx for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Holding the pre-requisite unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid (* only if undertaking training related to the fire sector).
Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills.
Capable of working under supervision in a team while being physically able to complete individual tasks relating to rescue, autonomously, in a range of simulated and real locations.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance Task – Applying Safe Work Practices
- Protect the casualty
- Undertake safety precautions
- Performance Task – Perform a rescue operation
- Prepare for rescue
- Contribute to a risk assessment at the scene
- Perform rescue
- Conclude rescue
- Documentation –The student must complete the following documentation
- Rescue equipment and PPE
- Risk assessment and Incident Report
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions
Call us NOW! +61 2 49361190 for available dates for fire and emergency courses.