PUAFER008 – Confine small emergencies in a facility (Fire extinguisher)
PUAFER008 – Confine small emergencies in a facility (Fire extinguisher) teaches the skills and knowledge required to confine small emergencies in a facility. Small workplace emergencies may include such incidents such as a small fire that can be controlled using a nearby fire extinguisher.
It applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts and places responsibility on individual employees in the workplace to identify, assess and safely confine workplace emergency situations. This requirement is consistent with the legislative obligations of employees as prescribed in OHS legislation. The unit may also be used for planning for future operations in the workplace.
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- PUAFER008 – Confine small emergencies in a facility
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au and is recommended this unit be renewed every 24 months in line with industry standards.
We run our classes at the Safe Act Pty Ltd, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326 or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
• Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
• Refresher training – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook.aspx for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- $150 per person
- Group Booking up to 10 students $1200.00
- Group Booking 20 students $2000
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
PUAFER008 – Confine small emergencies in a facility Assessment Activities
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Assessment – Theory Written question paper
You will be assessed on 12 questions detailing the knowledge from the Training Package such as:
- Actions to be followed when initial response action is not safe
- Appropriate initial response equipment
- Facilities that may be used to confine emergencies
- Hazards involved with initial response action
- Implications of the incorrect use of equipment
- Limitations of initial response equipment
- Limitations of use of emergency control equipment or facilities
- Methods of extinguishment
- Safe use of initial response equipment
- Situations that must not be responded to because of the risk
- Types of emergencies
- Workplace procedures
The simulated assessment environments will reflect the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment. Skills must be demonstrated by the student working individually in an environment that provides realistic in-depth, industry-validated scenarios and simulations to assess students’ skills and knowledge. It’s important that students have knowledge of the content of this course.
You will be assessed on performing workplace emergencies scenario and task demonstrations for:
- Communicating in an effective manner
- Giving and following instructions
- Implementing workplace procedures
- Re-stow initial response equipment
- Risk assessment
- Using initial response equipment
- Managing a small workplace emergency
Call us NOW! +61 2 49361190 for available dates for fire and emergency courses.