PUAFER006 Lead an Emergency Control Organisation
PUAFER006 Lead an Emergency Control Organisation course applies to individuals who may be required to make decisions about the safety of occupants of a facility during an emergency and to give instructions on the priority order for responding to an emergency incident, including command, control and coordination of facility emergency response procedures and concluding the facility emergency incident. They may also be required to act as the primary liaison with emergency services. Individuals who undertake this role will generally be members of an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO), acting as chief wardens, deputy chief wardens and communications officers.
The course has been developed to cover a broad range of emergencies and facilities as considered in Australian Standard 3745 and Australian Standard 4083. It applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
Participants in this course will also learn how to effectively:
- Apply Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements
- Brief emergency services personnel
- Command, control and coordinate facility emergency response procedures
- Comply with legislation, industry standards, codes of practice and regulations concluding facility emergency
- Give clear directions and keep others informed throughout the emergency in accordance with facility emergency plan
- Identify evacuation assembly areas
- Implement facility emergency response procedures
- Interpret information displayed on emergency control indicator equipment including fire indicator panel, building management system and security management system
- Prepare for emergencies in a facility
- Respond to emergency signals and warnings appropriately
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
Provider of Training and Assessment
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- PUAFER006 Lead an Emergency Control Organisation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au and is recommended this unit be renewed every 24 months in line with industry standards.
We run our classes at the Safe Act Pty Ltd, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326 or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Refresher training – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook.aspx for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- $150 per person
- Group Booking up to 10 students $1200.00
- Group Booking 20 students $2000
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
This course – PUAFER006 Lead an emergency control organization has a prerequisite of
PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation.
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Prepare and plan for an emergency
- Lead an ECO in a fire emergency
- Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Facility emergency plan (extract)
- Emergency evacuation incident and debrief form
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. Model responses are provided later in this document. The student must complete all assessment questions.