10685NAT Course in Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious WasteGreg2018-03-28T18:29:45+11:00
10685NAT Course in Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste
|10685NAT Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste courses are run in Group Class either in our training rooms, or your Workplace. Safe Act Pty Ltd prides ourselves on our high level of training, however making is easy for everyone. Safe Act Pty Ltd runs this course for most councils throughout N.S.W.
10685NAT Course in Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste unit describes the outcomes that will provide vital skills and knowledge on how to recognise sharps, evaluate risks and implement control measures to facilitate the safe removal of sharps and other material that may be contaminated with blood and body fluids.
The purpose of this course is to ensure that all staff involved in the handling of infectious waste and sharps are aware of the requirement to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge, skills, generic and specific competencies to assist in safely performing the following job role(s):
- Council Rangers
- Parks and City Service
- Domestic and Commercial Cleaners
- Medical Staff and First Aid Officers (remote areas e.g. mine sites)
- Waste and Recycling Collection and Processing Staff
- Auto-Repair and Tow Truck Operators
- Transport & Rail Maintenance Staff
- Credit is given to participants that have undertaken, as part of their workplace orientation, a WHS induction (4 hour delivery)
- Full course face to face (6 hour delivery)
- Understand the nature and scope of workplace hazards, the range of the injuries they may cause and how these injuries happen
- Organisational WHS policies, procedures, processes and systems
- Understanding of risk of acquiring a blood borne disease from the hazard of needle stick and sharps injuries. It is imperative that risk control measures are introduced to ensure that occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens in healthcare are minimised or eliminated
- Understand that airborne contaminants can be transmitted during retrieval of a sharp
- Knowledge of infectious waste disposal methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal hygiene and use of PPE
- Knowledge of hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Manual handling techniques
- Safe waste handling procedures
- Correct use of equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Safe work practices to prevent or minimise risk
- Reading and writing skills – literacy competence required to fulfil job roles in a safe manner. The level of skill may range from the ability to understand symbols used in WHS signs, to reading workplace safety pamphlets or procedure manuals, reading labels
- Oral communication skills – language competence required to fulfil job roles in a safe manner
- Provide observational skills to identify hazards, and to assess and control the risks
- Follow workplace WHS requirements as well as standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Safe removal of sharps as per operational requirements
There are no pre requisites and no pre-course study required for this course. In cases where credit is given to participants that have undertaken, as part of their workplace orientation, a WHS induction process reducing the session to 4 hours, evidence of induction training may be required at time of booking.
Student require a Unique Student Identifier
If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you don’t have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment.
Go to Australia Government site https://www.usi.gov.au/ to apply
Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste
- Student $220.00
- Group Booking up to 10 students $1650.00
- Group Booking 15 students $2145
10685NAT Safe handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste
Download our brochure [google-drive-embed url=”https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1VxnnHBV7MFkLLpLhvhD7EvhHHzdWq_hP&export=download” title=”10685NAT-mk2.pdf” icon=”https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/pdf” style=”download”]
Call us NOW! +61 2 49361190
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.