RIIWHS201E – Work Safely And Follow WHS Policies And Procedures
The RIIWHS201E – Work Safely And Follow WHS Policies And Procedures course applies to individuals working in an operational role in the resources and infrastructure industries who are required to follow WHS policies and procedures and work safely. It includes accessing and applying site safety procedures; applying personal and operational safety measures; maintaining personal wellbeing for job fitness; applying safe manual handling procedures; responding to emergency situations; identifying and reporting incidents; and taking positive safe action to enhance workplace safety.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
Participants must have:
- Sufficient language, literacy, and numeracy skills to complete the course including the ability to read and interpret legislation and regulations, site plans, permit conditions, workplace and site procedures and documentation, safety and hazard control requirements; speak clearly and concisely with the team/ work group to coordinate the workflow and organisational procedures as well as identify and clarify responsibility when responding to emergency situations. Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms and producing any required reports.
- Good general health and fitness for the practical assessment (e.g., no injuries or pre-existing conditions that may be aggravated through movement and/ or the lifting/ shifting of loads)
- Protective footwear/safety shoes and comfortable/practical clothing must be provided by the student and worn during the practical sessions and assessment
- Basic computer skills to complete workplace forms and reports
Face to Face – 4 hours
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Respond to two (2) simulated scenarios as selected by your assessor, to demonstrate the ability to work safely and implement work health and safety (WHS) policies and procedures to:
- locate and apply relevant legislation, documentation, policies and procedures to ensure the work activity is compliant
- interpret and apply a Job Safety Environmental Analysis (JSEA)/ Safe Work Methods Statement (SWMS), relevant permits and clearances and site safety information
- identify hazards and risks and implement appropriate control measures according to workplace procedures
- communicate clearly and concisely with others to receive and clarify work instructions and to determine coordination requirements prior to commencing and during work activities
- communicate and coordinate with others to implement the requirements, procedures and techniques
- implement the requirements, procedures and techniques required to work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- identify and report on WHS issues to relevant personnel
- apply safe lifting and manual handling techniques
- select, wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- respond to emergency situations according to workplace procedures
- complete workplace reporting procedures
Documentation – The student must complete all documentation according to the required standard:
- Complete a First Aid Incident Report Form
- Complete a Hazard/ Incident Report Form
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short-answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Upcoming Courses for RIIWHS201E – Work Safely And Follow WHS Policies And Procedures
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training RTO 90909”.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
RIIWHS201E – Work Safely And Follow WHS Policies And Procedures
Unlock Your Potential with RIIWHS201E – Work Safely And Follow WHS Policies And Procedures
Welcome to Safe Act, where we are dedicated to preparing you to unlock your potential. As an aspiring professional, it is crucial to prioritize your safety and well-being in the workplace. That’s why we offer the nationally recognized training course RIIWHS201E – Work Safely And Follow WHS Policies And Procedures.
In today’s fast-paced world, employers place a high value on individuals who are knowledgeable about workplace health and safety. With RIIWHS201E, you will gain the necessary skills and expertise to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and those around you.
Our comprehensive course covers a range of essential topics, including:
- Locating and applying relevant legislation, documentation, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance
- Interpreting and applying a Job Safety Environmental Analysis (JSEA)/ Safe Work Methods Statement (SWMS) and other site safety information
- Identifying hazards and risks and implementing appropriate control measures
- Communicating effectively to receive and clarify work instructions and determine coordination requirements
- Responding to emergency situations according to workplace procedures
At Safe Act, we believe that hands-on experience is key to mastering these skills. That’s why our course includes performance tasks where you will respond to simulated scenarios hand-picked by your assessor. This practical approach ensures that you are well-prepared to face real-world challenges in the workplace.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility, and by completing RIIWHS201E, you will become a valuable asset to any organization. With our expert trainers and state-of-the-art facilities, you can trust that you are receiving the highest quality training available.
Join us at Safe Act and take the first step towards a safer and more successful future. Contact us now at +61 1300 712 220 to enroll in an upcoming course. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to unlock your potential and make a positive impact in your chosen field.
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognized training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training RTO 90909. Trust in our reputable partnership and become a certified professional in workplace health and safety.