Mining Supervisor Course (G1, G8 & G9)
Site Safety Supervisor Course
Mining Supervisor Course (G1, G8 & G9) or (S1, S2, & S3) course, also known as Site Safety Supervisor Course has been designed for those employed in the resource industry who are required to undertake the role of and perform the duties and requirements of a Site Supervisor, Mine Supervisor and Safety & Health Representative.
Mining Supervisor Course (G1, G8 & G9) course, also known as Site Safety Supervisor Course course is designed to cover the application of the processes and tasks to conduct inspections and to identify, analyse, assess risks, recommend treatment, contribute to implementation of treatments and to monitor risks. It also covers participation in the preparation, testing and documentation of site working instructions or equivalent.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Queensland Training and Development Pty Ltd RTO 32238” by Safe Act Pty Ltd
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Queensland Training and Development Pty Ltd RTO 32238;
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
An individual undertaking this course will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- The ability to read and write basic English and interpret workplace documentation, policies and procedures
- The ability to communicate and use appropriate language and non-verbal features to provide support, give instructions or request information
- Have basic computer skills to prepare and deliver a presentation/ graphical report using a clear and concise structure and format.
Face to Face – over two days, 9hours each day – full face to face course
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Queensland Training and Development Pty Ltd RTO 32238. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website qtad.com.au (https://qtad.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/9.1-Student-information-guide-v1a.pdf) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
- Apply risk management process
- Plan and prepare for risk management
- Identify and assess unacceptable risk
- Identify and recommend risk controls
- Contribute to the implementation of risk controls
- Review risk management documentation
- Conduct safety and health investigations
- Determine the objectives and develop investigation plan
- Gather information
- Evaluate information
- Identify courses of action
- Prepare and present investigation reports
- Communicate information
- Plan and prepare to communicate information
- Communicate information to achieve work activity outcomes
- Develop and perform work activity presentation
- Participate in resolving conflicts
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Queensland Training and Development Pty Ltd RTO 32238.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Mining Supervisor Course (G1, G8 & G9)
How do you become a mines supervisor?
The Mining Supervisor Course / Site Safety Supervisor Course (G1, G8 & G9) or (S1, S2, S3) competencies allow a person to have authority to supervise workers on a mine or civil construction site. Supervision is a fundamental safety function applicable within all levels of an organisation.
Mining Supervisor course is made up of 3 units that when completed together make up the what is known as a number of different names: Mining Supervisor Course / Site Safety Supervisor Course / G1, G8, G9 / S123 course / RIIRIS301E, RIIWHS301E and RIICOM301E.
G1 G8 G9 or S1 S2 S3 mining competencies are a requirement for individuals working in the Resource Sector who are required to undertake the role of and perform the duties of a Mine Supervisor.
Are you ready to take your mining career to the next level? Look no further than our Mining Supervisor Course! Designed to equip you with the essential skills and knowledge needed to excel in a supervisory role, this course is your pathway to success in the mining industry.
What sets our Mining Supervisor Course apart from the rest? We believe in providing a comprehensive and hands-on learning experience that goes beyond textbook knowledge. Our expert instructors, who boast years of industry experience, will guide you through practical simulations and real-world scenarios, ensuring that you are fully prepared for the challenges that lie ahead.
Throughout the course, you will delve into various crucial topics, including safety regulations, risk management, team leadership, incident investation, and effective communication strategies. Our aim is not only to enhance your technical expertise but also to equip you with the necessary skills to lead and inspire your team in a high-pressure mining environment.
In high-risk industries such as mining, and civil construction, the role of a Site Safety Supervisor is pivotal in safeguarding workers, assets, and the environment. Site Safety Supervisor Courses offer the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in this role. Three essential components of these courses are RIIRIS301E, RIIWHS301E, and RIICOM301E. .
RIIRIS301E – Apply Risk Management Processes
RIIRIS301E focuses on risk management processes, a fundamental aspect of safety supervision. This unit equips individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to identify, assess, and control risks in a workplace setting. Key components include:
- Hazard identification: Recognising potential workplace hazards, such as equipment malfunctions or environmental factors.
- Risk assessment: Evaluating the likelihood and consequences of identified hazards, helping prioritize risk management efforts.
- Risk control: Implementing strategies and controls to minimize or eliminate risks. This may involve modifying work processes, implementing safety protocols, or providing appropriate personal protective equipment.
RIIWHS301E – Conduct Safety and Health Investigations
RIIWHS301E focuses on safety and health investigations, emphasising the importance of incident analysis and prevention. This unit addresses:
- Incident response: Guiding individuals in responding to safety and health incidents, including accidents, near-misses, and hazardous conditions.
- Incident investigation: Providing techniques for conducting thorough investigations, identifying root causes, and developing strategies to prevent similar incidents.
- Reporting and documentation: Ensuring that all incidents are appropriately reported, documented, and analysed to improve safety practices.
RIICOM301E – Communicate Information
RIICOM301E underscores the importance of effective communication in safety supervision. This unit covers:
- Communication techniques: Equipping individuals with the skills to communicate safety information, protocols, and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Information exchange: Promoting effective information exchange among team members, ensuring that everyone is aware of safety requirements and procedures.
- Conflict resolution: Offering strategies for resolving safety-related conflicts or disputes among workers.
The Importance of the Mining Supervisor Course (G1, G8 & G9) or (S1, S2, S3) Site Safety Supervisor Course
- Prevention of workplace incidents: Site Safety Supervisor Courses empower individuals to proactively identify hazards, assess risks, and implement controls to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Incident analysis and prevention: By providing the skills to investigate and analyze safety incidents, these courses enable safety supervisors to take corrective actions and prevent future occurrences.
- Legal compliance: These courses ensure that safety supervisors understand and enforce safety regulations, maintaining legal compliance in the workplace.
- Effective communication: Effective communication is crucial for conveying safety information and ensuring that all workers understand and follow safety protocols.
- Risk management: The ability to manage and control risks is vital in reducing workplace accidents and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Career advancement: Completing Site Safety Supervisor Courses enhances the qualifications and career prospects of safety professionals, making them invaluable to employers.
Mining Supervisor Course (G1, G8 & G9) or (S1, S2, S3) / Site Safety Supervisor Course RIIRIS301E, RIIWHS301E, and RIICOM301E are essential for preparing individuals to lead and enforce safety standards in high-risk industries. Whether you are an aspiring safety supervisor or an experienced professional seeking to enhance your skill set, these courses offer the knowledge and expertise necessary to create a safer workplace, protect lives, and contribute to the success of businesses in hazardous industries. By investing in comprehensive safety training, individuals and organizations demonstrate their commitment to workplace safety, regulatory compliance, and effective risk management. Safety leaders trained in these units of competency play a critical role in safeguarding both workers and businesses.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a nationally recognised certification that will open doors to exciting career opportunities. Whether you aspire to become a mine supervisor, team leader, or safety officer, our Mining Supervisor Course will set you on the path to achieve your goals.
Don’t miss out on this invaluable opportunity to enhance your mining career. Enroll in our Mining Supervisor Course today and unlock your full potential in the mining industry.