HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely training in this course allows you to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence required to firstly recognise potentially hazardous manual tasks and the sources of risks and risk factors. Then prepare for and apply controls to complete these tasks using manual handling techniques which support safe work practice.
In every workplace, workers are exposed to day to day activities which involve some kind of manual handling, some more hazardous than others. These tasks are a common cause of injury in the workplace, and as such, understanding how to undertake these tasks safely is imperative. Without manual handling training, employees can make mistakes and even suffer serious injury. This is especially true if an employee is around hazardous substances or activities.
You will also learn about the function of the body in movement and performing manual tasks, the importance of posture and positioning of the body and how to recognise symptoms of an injury and report it.
The skills in this course are applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice such as the Hazardous manual tasks code of practice applies.
Important information prior to enrolment in HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
Unit(s) Being Delivered
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
Entry Requirments for HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
- Participants must have the physical capacity to use appropriate equipment, posture and handling techniques to conduct a manual move and/or lift.
- Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face to Face – 4 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – 180 minutes.
- Online delivery with face to face – 40 minutes.
- Refresher training – 2 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely the assessments is conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Performance tasks –
Choose 3 scenarios from the scenario options list
In relation to the scenarios, demonstrate each of the following for each of the scenarios:
- Identify a manual task involving risk
- Undertake risk assessment and complete a risk assessment form
- Prepare for the manual task
- Safely complete the manual task
Documentation – Completion of a Discomfort Survey form and 3 x Risk Assessment forms.
Theory assessment – A written exam consisting of multiple choice question and short answer questions to be completed at the end of the training session. The student must complete all questions.
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
Are you tired of staff with physical strain and repetitive tasks involved in manual task? Look no further, because Safe Act is here to help! We offer high-quality training courses to ensure that you can conduct manual tasks safely and efficiently.
HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely upcoming courses are specifically designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to handle manual tasks with confidence. Whether you’re involved in mining, first aid, fire and emergency, construction, or healthcare, we have a course tailored just for you.
At Safe Act, we understand the importance of practical learning. That’s why our courses include hands-on assessments and performance tasks. You’ll have the opportunity to identify manual tasks involving risks, undertake risk assessments, and complete necessary documentation. Our expert trainers will guide you every step of the way, ensuring that you are fully prepared to tackle any manual task.
We also value your convenience. With flexible course delivery modes, including face-to-face, blended, and online options, you can choose the learning method that suits you best. And if you can’t find a suitable course date listed, don’t worry! Simply use the form below to make a group booking inquiry, and we’ll be in touch to accommodate your needs.
Invest in yourself and unlock your potential with Safe Act. Enroll in our training courses today and take the first step towards a safer and more efficient future. Call us now at +61 1300 712 220 or visit our website to learn more. Remember, your safety is our priority!
Safe Act Pty Ltd: Preparing to unlock your potential.