HLTINF001 – Comply With Infection Prevention And Control Policies And Procedures
In every workplace, workers are exposed to day to day activities which involve Infection control, some more than others. You will get an understanding of how to implement standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks safely. Individuals will gain the knowledge and skills required to respond to the infection risks in their workplace. This unit specifically applies to individuals working in health and direct client care contexts.
Individuals successfully completing the HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures course will follow established organisation infection prevention and control procedures, which will include:
- Hand hygiene and care of hand
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Queensland Training and Development Pty Ltd RTO 32238” by Safe Act Pty Ltd
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Queensland Training and Development Pty Ltd RTO 32238;
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
Must be employed and have the ability to complete required assessment tasks in the workplace.
Must have the physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills.
Online study options:
- Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- The Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment delivery mode includes video assessment questions. Occasionally the student will be required to make a video of themselves, either verbally explaining or demonstrating the required assessment outcome. If you do not wish to complete video assessment questions, please consider an alternative mode of delivery (for e.g. a blended or full face to face course).
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Face to Face –8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – N/A.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 60 minutes face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – N/A.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Some practical assessment tasks are required to be completed in the workplace (the workplace must be in a health or direct client care environment).
Please note: The Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment delivery mode includes video assessment questions. Occasionally the student will be required to make a video of themselves, either verbally explaining or demonstrating the required assessment outcome. If you do not wish to complete video assessment questions, please consider an alternative mode of delivery (for e.g. a blended or full face to face course).
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Queensland Training and Development Pty Ltd RTO 32238. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website qtad.com.au (https://qtad.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/9.1-Student-information-guide-v1a.pdf) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Queensland Training and Development Pty Ltd RTO 32238.