HLTHPS006 – Assist Clients With Medication
HLTHPS006 – Assist Clients With Medication course covers the skills and knowledge required to prepare for and provide medication assistance to a variety of clients and to support a client to self-administer their medication using the relevant mode of administration. It also involves reading, understanding and accurately completing medication documentation such as care plans and medical charts after administration of medication.
Participants will learn about the importance of checking and confirming the care plan and details, client identity, correct medication including expiry dates, dosage instructions, correct dosage. And conducting pre and post administration client checks, cleaning equipment, disposal and storage of medications according to organisation procedures.
The skills in this course apply to community services and health workers with authority in their state or territory to assist with the administration of medication and must be used in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face to Face –14 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – N/A.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 90 minutes face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – 14 hours (minimum).
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Please note: The Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment delivery mode includes video assessment questions. Occasionally the student will be required to make a video of themselves, either verbally explaining or demonstrating the required assessment outcome. If you do not wish to complete video assessment questions, please consider an alternative mode of delivery (for e.g. a blended or full face to face course).
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
- Scenario 1 – Provide assistance with medication – Asthma
- Scenario 2 – Provide assistance with medication – Anaphylaxis
- Scenario 3 – Provide assistance with medication – PRN Liquid Paracetamol
- Scenario 4 – Provide assistance with medication – Eye Drops
- Scenario 5 – Provide assistance with medication – Tablets
Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Incident Report Forms
- Medication Administration Forms
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.