HLTAID016 – Manage First Aid Services And Resources
(Was HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources)
HLTAID016 – Manage First Aid Services And Resources should be undertaken by those in nominated occupational first aid or management roles who are required to establish, maintain, and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace.
Training will ensure participants can effectively undertake risk assessment as a basis for determining first aid resources, equipment, personnel, and facilities in line with safe work practices, first aid code of practice and relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority. This will include inspections of first aid kits and using checklists for stock ordering, use, recovery, maintenance, and storage.
Participants will learn to develop and maintain first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties and take part in incident debriefing or evaluation to improve future operations and address individual needs.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
Participants must have the physical capacity to establish and maintain first aid facilities and equipment.
Participants must have literacy skills to complete documentation and read instructions.
Online study options: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies
- Face to Face –6 hours – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – N/A.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 60 minutes face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – N/A
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
- Conduct a Risk Assessment
- Develop a First Aid Response Plan
- Conduct a First Aid Kit Content Check
- Complete a Notifiable Incident Report Form
- Participate in a Debrief and Evaluation Session
- Maintain First Aid Equipment
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
Upcoming Courses for HLTAID016 – Manage First Aid Services And Resources
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
HLTAID016 – Manage first aid services and resources course provides you with the knowledge and training to establish and maintain first aid facilities in the workplace.
You will learn how to set up and manage a first aid facility including:
- conducting workplace risk assessment and evaluation of first aid provisions
- developing a first aid action plan including strategies for management of incidents and individuals needs in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- using a first aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies, replacement and equipment maintenance
- maintaining first aid equipment and resources according to manufacturers instructions
- using and maintaining documentation required by the workplace and regulatory authorities.
This will ensure you can effectively maintain first aid facilities to workplace standards.
You can use these skills in your workplace or in community settings.
HLTAID016 – Manage first aid services and resources is an essential course offered by Safe Act. By enrolling in this nationally recognized training, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to establish and maintain first aid facilities in your workplace. Our comprehensive program equips you with the expertise to conduct workplace risk assessments, develop first aid action plans, service first aid kits, maintain equipment, and comply with documentation requirements. With the ability to effectively manage first aid facilities, you can enhance safety standards, whether in your workplace or community settings. Prepare to unlock your potential with Safe Act today.