HLTAID012 Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting
(Was HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting course provides practical training for workers within an education and care setting to respond to first aid emergencies in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting teaches how to identify illness or injury, access emergency services, safely provide first aid treatment using action plans, equipment and resources, for CPR, defibrillation, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, immobilisation for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, for bleeding and shock and other conditions.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, managing an infant or child with an acute illness, or who requires an immediate ambulance response and conveying incident details to parents, caregivers and emergency services.
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing for improvement of response, recognising psychological impacts, talking with children about their emotions and seeking help as required.
Important information prior to enrolment into HLTAID012 Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting
Unit(s) Being Delivered
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 1.5 hours face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Assessment for HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a child casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a child casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking child and infant casualty
- Manage a child casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a child casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a child casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a child casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a child casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
for HLTAID012 Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting.
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.