HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
(Was HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support)
Having the skills, knowledge, and confidence to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies can save a person’s life!
In this first aid course, you will learn these first aid skills in line with legal, workplace and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, and the importance of the chain of survival. Also, conveying accurate details when handing the casualty over to emergency services, reviewing an incident to improve own skills and response times, recognise psychological impacts from the incident, and seeking help as required.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face to Face –4 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – 3 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 45 minutes face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – 3 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Upcoming Courses for HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Are you prepared to be a lifesaver? At Safe Act, we offer the HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support course to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to handle emergency situations with confidence.
Our slogan, “Preparing to unlock your potential,” perfectly aligns with our mission to empower individuals to be prepared for any unexpected incidents that may occur.
HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support is a comprehensive course designed to provide you with essential life-saving techniques. Whether you are a healthcare professional, working in a high-risk environment, or simply want to be prepared for emergencies in your everyday life, this course is for you.
In emergency situations, every second counts. Our comprehensive course covers vital techniques such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), using automated external defibrillators (AEDs), and implementing the recovery position. With hands-on training and practical scenarios, you’ll gain the confidence and ability to react swiftly and effectively when it matters most.
During the course, you will learn crucial skills such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on adults and infants, the use of automated external defibrillators (AEDs), and placing a casualty into the recovery position. These practical scenarios will allow you to gain the hands-on experience needed to react swiftly and effectively in emergency situations.
At Safe Act, we understand that everyone has different learning preferences. That’s why we offer a variety of course delivery modes to suit your needs.
We also offer refresher training options for those who need to renew their certificates. Check our booking calendar for individual course fees and payment terms.
When you enroll in our HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support course, you can be confident that you are training with the best. Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognized training in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd, a registered training organization (RTO 90909).
Your safety is our priority, and we are committed to providing you with the support and guidance you need throughout your learning journey. If you have any questions or concerns, refer to our student handbook on the RTO website or reach out to our dedicated team.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Be prepared to save lives. Enroll in our HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support course today.