PUAFER006 – Lead An Emergency Control Organisation
The course applies to individuals who may be required to make decisions about the safety of occupants of a facility during an emergency and to give instructions on the priority order for responding to an emergency incident, including command, control and coordination of facility emergency response procedures and concluding the facility emergency incident. They may also be required to act as the primary liaison with emergency services. Individuals who undertake this role will generally be members of an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO), acting as chief wardens, deputy chief wardens and communications officers.
The course has been developed to cover a broad range of emergencies and facilities as considered in Australian Standard 3745 and Australian Standard 4083. It applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
Participants in this course will also learn how to effectively:
- Apply Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements
- Brief emergency services personnel
- Command, control and coordinate facility emergency response procedures
- Comply with legislation, industry standards, codes of practice and regulations concluding facility emergency
- Give clear directions and keep others informed throughout the emergency in accordance with the facility emergency plan
- Identify evacuation assembly areas
- Implement facility emergency response procedures
- Interpret information displayed on emergency control indicator equipment including fire indicator panel, building management system and security management system
- Prepare for emergencies in a facility
- Respond to emergency signals and warnings appropriately
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
PUAFER006 Lead an emergency control organisation has a prerequisite of PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation, proof of completion is required.
Participants must be able to complete the practical demonstrations for the course, including commanding, controlling and coordinating of facility emergency response procedures.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face to Face –3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – N/A.
- Online delivery with face to face – 30 minutes.
- Refresher training – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
- Prepare and plan for an emergency
- Lead an ECO in a fire emergency
Documentation – The student must complete the following documentation:
- Facility emergency plan (extract)
- Emergency evacuation incident and debrief form
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.