CPCWHS1001 Prepare To Work Safely In The Construction Industry (NSW)
NSW Construction Induction Course
NSW White Card Course
A construction worker must have completed general construction induction training (commonly known as the “White Card”) before being permitted to commence work on a construction site. This is a mandatory requirement across Australia.
If you have never worked in the construction industry before or you have lost your White Card; then this is the course for you.
CPCWHS1001 Prepare To Work Safely In The Construction Industry (NSW) course will help introduce you to or serve as a reminder of the current health and safety legislative requirements, personal awareness, and the basic principles of risk management for working in the construction industry in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit(s) Being Delivered
This course will be delivered
- Safe Act, 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston NSW 2326
- or in the workplace
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Proof of age – must be 14 years or over (parent guardian consent required if under 18).
- Valid working email address.
- Points of current and valid identification (including Photographic ID). Student will be provided with an Evidence of Identification Checklist (EOI) to complete on enrolment.
- Physical capacity to demonstrate the correct donning and removing of PPE for assessment.
This course MUST be delivered in New South Wales only. Students undertaking this course must be a resident of the state in which the course is being undertaken.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face to Face – N/A.
- Blended delivery – 7 hours (minimum) – short online, then full face to face course.
- Online delivery with face to face – N/A.
- Refresher training – N/A.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal, however lots of site requirements require renewal every 2 years
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Assessment of this unit consists of three assessment tasks:
Answering a series of multiple choice and short answer written questions.
Answering a series of short answer oral questions.
Observation of learners demonstrating the correct fitting of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- eye protection
- hearing protection
- hard hat
- high visibility retro reflective vest
- dust mask.
Upcoming Courses for NSW White Card, CPCWHS1001 Prepare To Work Safely In The Construction Industry (NSW)
Call us NOW! +61 1300 712 220
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.