A 25-year-old man causes power outage to 800 people in Newcastle and Newcastle east due to industrial accident. The man suffered electrocution causing serious burns after cutting through an underground cable. The burns were located on his chest, shoulders and face and was transported to John Hunter Hospital, where his cLow Voltage Rescue Courseondition was stable on Thursday 31st of May evening.
Safe Work arrived on the scene to investigate the incident and had issued notices to the communication company that employed the worker on Thursday afternoon. The power outage had left several people stranded in lifts inside inner city buildings. Ausgrid stated that power would be back on at 1:30pm.
Safe Act can help you avoiLV Panel Rescue d these types of scenarios and/or help you know what to do in these situations by providing training in LV Panel & CPR (UETTDRRF06B & HLTAID001), First Aid in Electrical Supply Industry (ESI) environment, RIIRIS301D Apply Risk Management processes, RIIWHS301D Conduct health and safety investigations and RIICOM301D Communicate Information.

Go to http://safeact.com.au/ to find out more!

Source: https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5440466/a-man-has-suffered-serious-burns-in-an-industrial-accident-in-newcastle/