BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
This course requires a strong commitment from students to complete. Safety is a very important role and the course is designed for a participant who may undertake a leadership role and provide guidance to others. You would need some practical WHS experience in a workplace to help your progression during the course. We suggest that you are aware of the work involved at a Diploma level of training, as it will always be more than you will anticipate. Once you have started the course there are no refunds of the course fee.
The Diploma of WHS is suitable for:
- Participants work within a Human Resource Management role wishing to gain further specialised knowledge in WHS.
- Participants who have managerial responsibilities within their organisation wishing to learn more about WHS functions.
- Participants who work within an injury management function wishing to gain further knowledge in relation to preventative measures within the WHS function.
- Participants working within an WHS Consultancy role, wishing to formalise their work experience with a Nationally Accredited Qualification
All core units in BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies:
- BSBWHS402A Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403A Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404A Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405A Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406A Assist with responding to incidents
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the qualification:
- self paced delivery method.
- face to face delivery method.
- RCC & RPL.
- RCC & RPL with Gap training.
**Self paced study hours may vary depending on experience of the student. To ensure currency of learning, participants will have a maximum of 2 years from the date of enrolment to complete their qualification. If participants need more time to complete assessments, they may request an extension in writing.
- $3,300 Mentored flexible delivery
- $850 Skills Recognition Assessment (RPL)
- $1,550 RPL with gap training
BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety requires satisfactory completion of 9 units:
- 5 core units plus
- 4 elective units
- at least 3 units must be Group A below
- the remaining unit may be from Group A or Group B below or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level.
BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
BSBWHS504 Manage WHS hazards and risks
BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information systems
BSBWHS508 Manage WHS hazards associated with plant
BSBWHS509 Facilitate the development and use of hazard-management tools
CHCFAM504C Respond to and contain critical incidents
PUAWER003B Manage and monitor workplace emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
BSBINN601 Manage organisational change
BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
BSBWHS409 Assist with workplace monitoring processes
TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group based learning
Alternative elective choice
BSBWHS606 Conduct a WHS audit
Safe Act Pty Ltd delivers this nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Healthy Business Training Academy RTO 30831.